Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Gift Called 'Encouragement'!

Hey everyone,
As I prepare to do another radio segment, I came across this wonderful truth with regards to giving someone the gift of life by using the ‘gift of encouragement’. I am thinking especially of our young people at the time of this writing. In our “Coming Up Higher” meeting yesterday, we joined collectively and prayed for our children, youth, young adults and grandchildren. It was strong! Here is what one person wrote with regards to how someone gave him the ‘gift of encouragement’ at a very young age and look how far it has produced!

“When I was struggling to find my way as a high school senior, my Bible teacher sent me to a life of significance just by writing a few words in my yearbook, ‘With talents for leadership in God’s Kingdom.’
The power of those seven words shook me. They jumped off the page and into my soul. They encouraged me to believe that God had a plan for me and my gifts. That note was written to me more than a half-century ago, but it remains fresh even today. With those words echoing in my ears I became determined to make a difference in life.” Rich DeVos (at the time of the writing it says he was the President of the Orlando Magic basketball team and co-founder and chairman of Amway Corporation.) Power Points for Success by Bob Harrison
Love,
Anna
www.annadonahueministries.com
I would love to hear your comments regarding this 'gift' called 'encouragement'!

2 comments:

Margaret Ann said...

Here is another one liner for you. I read it this morning.

It's not the amount of faith we have that's important. It's where we place it that counts.

Margaret Ann said...

Anna,
Did you know that Oprah had a similar experience when she was a young girl? A very pretty white lady, at her church I believe, told her how pretty she was. She said that it made such an impression on her that she never forgot it. We do have life and death in the power of our tongues!